Assistant Manager Job Description: As it name signifies Assistant Manager assists/helps to the Senior Managers of the company. Assistant Managers have lot of responsibilities on their shoulder because they help senior managers to make their day to day activities easier; these activities may be dealing with clients, handling sales activities and sales people, attending meetings, accounting & online activities such as: e-mailing, bill payments, online banking, etc. & managing, preparing daily work schedules. Assistant Manager should have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, leadership skills, query handling skills. Assistant Manager should also focus on administrative and HR activities of the company. An Assistant Manager Job Description wouldn’t complete without talking about its duties and responsibilities, education, & off course average salary and job location, working environment etc.
Assistant Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
Some of the Duties and Responsibilities of an Assistant Manager are given below that will give you an idea about this job:
- Assistant manager helps Senior Managers in achieving the monthly, quarterly & annual targets.
- Assistant Managers also helps in recruitment, training, motivating staff of same and other branches.
- Helps in ensuring healthy professional working environment.
- Committed to provide high quality products & services to customers.
- Suggest innovative ideas that boost the company’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- In absence of senior manager he takes the charge and manages according the situation.
- Assistant Manager also assists in preparing short term/long term budgets and reports.
- Assistant manager committed and ensures towards uninterrupted business activities that produce fruitful results for the company.
- Assistant Manager also helps in employee assessment programme and suggests ideas that stimulate employees working habits.
Also Read: CEO Job Description Sample
Assistant Manager Skills:
Before getting into this profile individual must be aware about the required skills on this job; below we are mentioning some skills about this job:
- An Assistant Manager must be good at reading, writing and fluent in English speaking.
- Must have sound skills in dealing with mathematical functions.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good at handling working load and stress management.
- Soft spoken & politeness in attitude, at the same time concern about customer service.
- Assistant Manager must be proficient in Computers. (Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Accounting software etc.)
- Must have an ability to give presentation on different projects, understand, explain & prepare financial reports/projects.
- Time management skills; Capable to work on time and as required that match with company’s expectations.
Related Post: Relationship Manager Job Description
Assistant Manager Education:
If your aspiration is to be an Assistant Manager then you must have possess High School Diploma (or equivalent) and Bachelor’s degree are required.
But if you have experience then companies required at least 5 years experience in Management field or at least 3 years of experience as an Assistant Manager.
Assistant Manager Salary:
An assistant manager salary depends upon various circumstances such as nature of business, experience, location etc. Some organizations also offer various facilities to the assistant manager of their company such as:- provide pension, life and health insurance, residence & hospital facility, self vehicle, mobile and other benefits. A typical Assistant Manager works 40 hours in week otherwise he has to working more than normal hours. As per indeed.com website average Assistant Manager Salary in U.S.A $40000.