Business Analyst job description sample: The term “Business analysis” come into today’s business practice from the 21st century .The Business analyst (BA) is a position for an individual who can lead the company’s requirements & apply technology to satisfy business needs. Moreover the position of business analyst brings daily challenges and responsibilities that focused on troubleshooting problems and providing solutions through sophisticated computer-based research and analysis. Moving business from one level to large level is a big deal for new entrepreneurs as well as old ones. There are times when we want to grow but somehow we can’t implement our full strength in our efforts. A business analyst helps organizations, firms and industries with his information technology capabilities, skills & acumen to improve their profitability & working conditions.
According to Wikipedia.org “A Business Analyst is someone who analyzes the existing or ideal organization and design of systems, including businesses, departments, and organizations. BAs also assess business models and their integration with technology.”
A Typical Business Analyst Job Description Sample
Business Analyst Responsibilities and Duties
- A Business analyst (BA) is responsible to establish, manage, direct and advise cross-functions of subordinates and articulate business change and business process improvements.
- A Business analyst should provide lead for corporate-wide change analysis and design identifying the organization’s strengths and weaknesses and hit the areas of improvement.
- A Business analyst should develop strong working relations with customers (business users) & provide them a relevant response and communicate accordingly.
- A Business analyst should lead the requirements of organization & design activities to manage month end processes and workflows.
- Business analyst should involve in designing & producing of feasibility plans, project briefs & project initiation documents (PIDs).
- As far as business analysis is concern, Business analyst also takes part in business administration of the company and guides company with future problems and opportunities.
- A Business analyst should distribute leadership skills strategically by mentoring junior level staff and leading meetings on the regular basis.
Business Analyst Skills
Business Analyst Key Skills
- Written, verbal communication skills are required as well as technical writing skills needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of e-mailing and scheduling software.
- Understanding business activities to contribute with engineering systems concepts.
- Business analyst must be able to manage own workload and complete the assigned work under pre defined timelines.
- Business analyst should have sound knowledge of business administration to execute similar business activities.
Business analyst technical skills:
Business analyst must be good at planning, organizing and timely execution of software development projects.
Business writing skills, presentation and facilitation skills are required.
Knowledge of MS project, Visio and other business analyst job related software and application as required.
Knowledge of data modeling based on entity diagram mapping.
Business analyst mathematical skills:
A business analyst should have ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Business Analyst Education
- In this field generally a BA degree in business preferred by companies or candidate from related field is preferred.
Business Analyst Qualifications and Business Analyst Experience
Generally companies searching for candidate with previous experience in this field. But now a days companies are hiring people on the basis of good qualification & acumen about business analyst job. They designed business analyst interview questions in way that covered all the necessary requirements to hire & offer them handsome business analyst salary.
But there is some kind of criteria they look for:
• Relevant tertiary IT qualification or certification course in business analyst /diploma in business process analysis from recognized training institute.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience as business analyst in a similar recognized firm/company.
Business Analyst Salary
Generally salaries are varies to company to company & off course, difference matters with multiple locations around the globe. As per salary.com with right experience, qualifications & skills the median expected salary for a typical business analyst (business systems analyst) in United States is $79087.
Image courtesy of ddpavumba / FreeDigitalPhotos.net