Cashier job description cash is a backbone of any company/firm etc; Cashier coordinates between company and its debtors/creditors, But when you are looking for a job as a cashier so, you are going to take a big responsibility on your shoulders. Handling cash refers to major responsibilities (ex. Cash collection, recording, safeguarding) so as to one should be really careful and mentally strong about this job. A firm/company hires someone for handling its cash although cashier has to be good at mathematical skills, computer skills, quick at billing , sound knowledge of financial software, strong in written and as well as oral communication, ability to work in a fast-paced, can take high stress environment.
Cashier Job Description
A Cashier Job Description includes the following duties and responsibilities, Skill sets & qualification.
Related Read: Accounting Manager Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities of a Cashier
If one wants to be an avid cashier so he/she has to possess these responsibilities:
- Cashier major responsibilities include; cash collection, maintaining records, and safeguarding, depositing of money etc.
- Cashier needs to have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the modern office practices, equipment and terminology related to cashiering and reports.
- Cashier of company has to be responsible to collect the fees for permit/licenses issued or documents of regarding field.
- Another important work for a cashier is to assign the time during the license tests.
- To handle overall routine issuance of tickets, licenses, receipts etc. to make sure easy going work conditions in the company.
- The cashier duty is to properly maintain the pending application files and the related records according to the directions of company’s management.
- A good cashier believes in preparing simple statistical reports and registers to make sure easy understanding fee entries as well as its changes.
- Cashier also performs some particular clerical work regarding to cash and financial transactions when needed.
Required Skill Set of a Cashier
A Cashier job description may include the following skill set. You can add or change these skills as per your requirement.
- Cashier of a firm must be very good at keeping the records sound and maintain properly.
- The cashier must have excellent mathematical skills and efficiency in simple record keeping.
- Cashier should be adaptive any situation to perform tasks with accuracy.
- Cashier should have an ability to deal with public with courtesy and tact.
- Cashier must be sincere and punctual about the work.
- Cashier should be able to carry on routine and repetitious work accurately.
- Company’s cashier must have sound knowledge to carry out written and oral instructions properly.
- Person needs to be very honest and reliable for the post of cashier.
- Cashier must be hard working and willing to work within flexible schedules.
Qualification of a Cashier
high school graduate with a diploma. You need to have good command over basic math so you can deal with money and handle your work easily.
Average Salary of Cashier in US
As per the most popular website for job search called Indeed, the average salary of a cashier in United States is $21000.
Hope the above mentioned Cashier Job Description will help you write an appealing job description for Cashier.