Marketing Manager Job Description Sample: Marketing manager is a very skillful job. One should be aware of market ups and down, market segments, potential customers, ability to analyze customer needs and off course, an outstanding approach to develop a plan for new product introduction and existing products.
After reading this article you’ll come to know Marketing manager job description example, Marketing manager duties and responsibilities, Marketing manager functions, Marketing manager qualities, role of Marketing manager in a Marketing company, Marketing manager qualification, Marketing manager salary etc.
Marketing manager is very responsible person in the company because he brings revenue into the company through his efforts. He gathered information about similar products; make an analysis & beat the competition to sell a product. Marketing manager analyze customer’s need, identify the target areas of the business, identify potential market segments and keenly learns competitive marketing environment to decide and implement a plan for new product/brand introduction.
If you want to find marketing manager jobs in your desire location even if you are a fresher or you’ve some experience you can get marketing manager job very easily.
According to Wikipedia.org – Marketing management
“Marketing management is the organizational discipline which focuses on the practical application of marketing orientation, techniques and methods inside enterprises and organizations and on the management of a firm’s marketing resources and activities”
Marketing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- A Marketing manager has to complete activities like: business development, researching & development of marketing plans, finding new opportunities, implementing sales plans, managing staff of marketing and sales.
- Dedicated towards quality customer service & emphasis on customer’s benefit.
- Marketing manager responsibilities includes recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, scheduling,
- counseling & disciplining employees and communicating them about job expectations.
- Marketing manager prepares a schedule of marketing department employees about planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing job contributions and also reviews compensation actions.
- Marketing manager maintains sound relations with new customers & retention of old ones.
- Marketing manager studies market trends & changes to develop strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Marketing manager sets marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, advertising, developing field sales action plans etc.
- To achieve monthly target a marketing manager setting up meetings with new clients and showing presentations.
- Suggests ideas about new sales opportunities and focus on getting value from them.
Marketing Manager Skills/ Marketing Manager Qualities
- Marketing manager must be enthusiastic, creative, goal oriented, flexible with time & conditions and can work under pressure.
- Marketing manager must possess strong written, verbal and numerical skills.
- Knowledge of Sales and Marketing and other business Terminology.
- Knowledge of current marketing trends, market ups and down, market segments, potential customers, ability to analyze customer needs etc.
- Marketing manager must have ability to identify marketing opportunities, costumer’s requirements, competitor’s share, product knowledge and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to forecast business plans, policies and estimating budget, market share etc.
- Ability to develop and lead a marketing team.
- Must have strong leadership & management skills, ability to hire, train and motivate members to build a strong marketing team.
- Marketing manager must be energetic, driven by Self-confidence, willing to travel and a good team leader.
- Knowledge of computers (eg. MS word, MS PowerPoint, MS excel), Internet and typing skills.
Marketing Manager Qualification
For a Marketing manager job, mostly companies prefer a bachelor’s degree in marketing or business administration but at the same time some employers may prefer a master’s degree, with prior experience in marketing, advertising, sales or brand management.
Marketing Manager Salary
When it comes to figure out salary of a Marketing manger so it depends upon company and location because these two things matters a lot to decide salary of a marketing manager. Salary may vary if a person works for Real Estate Company or a food industry or a banking firm.
After getting their degrees, many graduates anxious to perform the Marketing manager job because this job brings not only salary but also good reputation, incentives & perks too. As per salary.com with good experience, qualifications & skills the median expected annual salary for a typical Marketing manager job in the United States is $88,531.
Above Marketing manager job description is also relevant for your Marketing manager resume in different field like: marketing manager job description for real estate, marketing manager job description for food industry even then you can add or remove text in that and show it as your Job Description.