Software testing is an investigation conducted to provide the stakeholders with the information about quality of the product or service under test. Software testing also provides an objective of the software to allow the business to understand the risks of the software implementation. During a software testing interview the following software testing interview questions may be asked.
Software testing can also be stated as the process of validating the application/products/program.
- Works as it was expected.
- Satisfy the needs of the stakeholders.
- Meets the requirement that guided the design and the implementation.
- Implemented with the same characteristics.
Software testing can be implemented at any time during the development process.
Some questions asked in the software testing interview
- What are the main benefits of the designing tests early in the life cycle?
- Define the risk based testing?
- Differentiate between the reactive approaches and the preventative approaches to testing?
- What is the purpose of the exit criteria?
- What determines the level of risk?
- When we use decision table testing?
- What are the main objectives when reviewing the software deliverable?
- Which is the profit of test independence?
- As a part of which testing process you determine the exit criteria?
- What is beta testing?
- What is rapid application development?
- What are the difference between the testing tools and testing techniques?
- What are component testing?
- What is functional system testing?
- What are the benefits of the independent testing?
- What are the different methodologies in the agile development model?
- Which is the most important benefit of the independence in the testing?
- The most important reason to use to drive testing efforts?
- Why static testing and dynamic testing are described as the complementary?
- What are the phases of the formal review?
- What is the role of the moderator in review process?
- What is an equivalence partition?
- When should the configuration management procedures be implemented?
- What are the white box testing techniques?
- When should we perform regression testing?
- When should we stop the testing?
- What is the major purpose of the test completion criterion?
- What can static analysis not find?
- Difference between the retesting and the regression testing?
- What is the experience based testing techniques?
- Why developers face problem in testing their own work?
- How much testing is enough?
- What is the purpose of the test completion criterion?
- What is a V-model?
- What is test coverage?
- What is called process starting with the terminal modules?
- What is the main purpose of the requirement phase?
- How would the developer estimate the amount of the re-testing likely to be required?
- What studies data flow analysis?
- What is alpha testing?
- What are failures?
- Purpose of the test design techniques?
- What are the test comparators?
- Main purpose of the informal review?
- In which order should the test be run?
- What is the coverage measurement?
- What is the boundary value testing?
These are the most likely to be asked Software Testing Interview Questions that you may be witness of during a Software Testing Interview.