Exit Interview is a common practice that HR Managers follow to get feedback from a resigning employee. Generally Human Resource department prepare a set of Exit Interview Questions in advance so that the reason can be find out about employee departure. The feedback that has been taken from the employee during Exit Interview session can be used for the betterment of the organizations. This is the time when you can even retain the employee by solve his grievance or offering him what he wants.
Unlike a Job Interview there is no right or wrong answer of Exit Interview Questions, rather company take this session as an opportunity to find out what their employee thinks about the organization and what changes they want to bring in the organization. On the other hand employee also get a chance to speak out what he always wanted to say to the management. This is how it’s a win-win situation for both employee & organization.
This is our advice to our readers to be calm & respectful during the exit interview even if your terms were not good with your supervisor. To HR managers our advice is to read out this amazing post on Wall Street Journal Blog about the One Question to Ask in an Exit Interview. HR managers should also ready with the following checklist for the effective execution of the exit interview.
Some Sample Exit Interview Questions
Here is a set of sample exit interview questions to you may ask during an exit interview.
- What is the main reason behind you leaving your job?
- What are the other reasons behind your departure?
- What are the wonderful moments you enjoyed with us?
- What were the worst moments of your life you spend with us?
- What triggered you to start looking out for a job?
- Were you satisfied with your salary?
- What were the extra job responsibilities you were taking care of apart from your KRA?
- What do you say about the communication within organization?
- The benefits that company was offering to you, were you satisfied with them?
- What did you see in your new company that you made the decision to accept their offer?
- Anything that your new company is offering to you that our organization doesn’t offer to employee.
- How about the supervision you received here?
- What to you like most about the company ?
- What do you like least about the company?
- What recommendations you want to make for the company?
- What are your views about the management & leadership of the company?
- Would you recommend this company to your friends or any prospective employee?
- What can we do to make you stay with this company?
- Would you consider again to work for the company?
- What according to you your immediate supervisor should do to improve in his management style.
- Did your job duties were same as was communicated to you when you had joined us?
- Did you get the timely feedback about your performance and area of improvements?
- Did you get the enough training to perform your job effectively?
- Do you have any question or do you want to say something?
- What improvements you want to bring within customer service & relations?
- What do you think about the appraisal system that we follow?
- What training or improvement you find help you the most?
- What are the things that motivates you in this company?
These Exit Interview Questions has been formed just to give you an idea. you can alter or even replace any of the question mentioned above based on your requirement. Always keep in mind the prime objective of exit interview is to find out the loopholes within the organization and develop a fix for it. Hope our article will help you draw a better strategy for your next exit interview.
[…] Related post: Exit Interview Questions […]
[…] Also Read: Exit Interview Questions […]