People generally confuse between Job Description & Job Specification. In one of our earlier post we have already distinguish between Job Description & Job Specification. If you’re the one who skipped that posed we’re posting it again “What is Job Specification“. In our today’s post you’ll not only know what job specification exactly is but we’ll also post a job specification sample, which will help you write a job specification by yourself as per your requirement.
Job Specification Definition
A job specification is a document which describes education, experience, skills, knowledge required to perform a job. It is a very important document used by HR professionals to communicate the desired people requirement in the organization. Job seekers generally respond to a particular job after reading to a job specification.
By just looking at Job Specification, job seekers can understand whether the job is suitable for him or not. A clear written job description makes HR task easy because clear written job specification attract only targeted talent pool.
Job Specification Example
We’re taking an example of Sales Executive’s profile job specification.
- A minimum 2 years of experience is required in corporate sales or channel sales with a renowned IT company.
- Experience selling ERP products is a plus point.
- Candidate must have a bachelor degree in Sales & Marketing.
- The candidate must have a regular MBA degree from a reputed college. Specialization in Sales & Marketing is desirable but not mandatory.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Candidate must have a strong communication skills.
- Candidate must be very confident.
- Ability to give presentation in front of a large audience.
- Can perform under high pressure.
- Experience in cold calling & lead generation.
- Can make go to market strategy.
- Ability to work in an environment of constant change.
- Experience in global marketplace is must.
- Experience in working flexible environment.
- Should have a go getter attitude.
- Experience is making quotes, negotiation & deal closing.
- Can handle the whole sales cycle.
- Knowledge about ERP products is a plus.
- Must be tech savvy.
High Level Overview of Job Requirement
- Creating demand of the product in the market.
- Working as a key point between customer & organization.
- Demonstrating product to the clients.
- Handle complete sales life cycle.
- Ensuring high quality customer satisfaction.
- Self analysis.
- Ensuring 100% of targets achievement.
- managing distribution channel of products.
Hope after reading above mentioned Job Specification Example you must be having a clear understanding of “What is Job Specification”.