CNA Job Description Sample: The term CNA stands for Certified Nursing Assistant. Today we are going to explain (certified nursing assistant) CNA job description on our website.
Nowadays, there is healthy demand for a CNA in medical sector all over the world; especially in the USA. The CNA job is very hard and responsible because people want to get quality medical services by their caretaker/hospital/clinics though it is hard but a CNA makes it easy by his/her efforts. CNAs (Certified nursing assistants) are assisting in hospitals rooms/ private homes/ nursing homes/ people suffered from natural calamities relief camps etc. They are called paraprofessionals who took specialization inpatient caring activities and work under a trained registered nurses/ licensed practical nurses/ health care professionals or group of trainers to provide healthcare facilities. A certified nursing assistant reports to the unit coordinator. Usually, CNA gets training on health caring activities 6 to 12 weeks depending on the government rules states by states. During 6 weeks or 12 weeks course on a certified nursing assistant, people get training on basic nursing principles and supervised clinical work along with practical training in different major hospitals. Generally, these training courses are offered by government institutes as well as private institutes/colleges, technical and vocational schools, nursing homes, and hospitals. Nowadays many nursing homes/ maternity homes/ child care hospitals paid money or provide CNA training after recruitment for getting professionalism in their employees.
Certified Nursing Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- CNA provides all necessary facilities to the patients such as basic personal hygiene, grooming, including bathing, hair care, dressing, urinals etc, also assist in moving from bed to bathroom; providing showers and baths.
- CNA also responsible for daily living activities such as by serving meals and medicines on time.
- Keenly looking for right posture for every patient; developing a fresh & friendly environment by providing water and nourishment between meals.
- A certified nursing assistant also checks patient’s regular reports on weight; urine testing, blood sugar and maintains a record of these reports.
- The Certified nursing assistant should provide all necessaries facilities, resources, and materials to the patient at the same time transportation facilities; and report it to the nursing supervisor.
- CNA also makes sure required documents, forms, reports, completion of forms & reports about the patient’s disease by which doctors can easily diagnose the problem.
- Must have the ability to follow the instructions given by doctors/seniors.
Certified Nursing Assistant Skills:
It is known to all that hard work is the key to success so if you are looking for certified nursing assistant jobs then you must be energetic, versatile, multi-tasking, run by positive energy at the same time this job requires discipline in medical teamwork, understanding manners of medical field, knowledge of infection control, knowledge of health promotion schemes & medical maintenance, creating a safe, effective, & sound environment for patients, ability of quick judgment, knowledge of pain management, knowledge of handling critical care/ critical burn patients etc.
Certified Nursing Assistant Education:
- Candidate must possess at least High school graduate degree/diploma.
- Candidate should possess State licensing board approved license on Certified Nursing Assistant program or willing to attend CNA training classes to become certified, if not already certified.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old or more.
- A CNA must be soft spoken, caring, the ability to read, write and speak the English language to provide services easily.
- If you have previous work experience as a certified nursing assistant then, it will give you an extra advantage.
Certified Nursing Assistant Salary:
as per salary.com, the average salary of a CNA (certified nursing assistant) is $30000. But you can increase these figures by your talent and experience todaycut.com wish you all the very best!
Certified nurses also help patients to adopt a healthy lifestyle by following the right mechanism.